Monday 30 April 2012

Indonesian Natural Beauty Steps

Beautiful Ladies..

As I mentioned in my previous blog, I just came back from my hometown, Medan-North-Sumatera, Indonesia and brought so many beauty products.. I'm a little over excited to try everything at one goal, lol!!

I always love my own country's products but that doesn't mean I buy it because I love my country, but instead I buy it because Indonesian beauty products are great, good quality and most importantly natural :) Lots of them are made by plants, made traditionally using lots of herbs and it's also generation by generation 's grandma beauty recipe... I grew up in Indonesia, traditionally I have many natural beauty tips from my grandma to share with you ladies around the globe, so follow my blog & let's be beautiful together inside-out!! :)
Well, this post I'm gonna write about my love towards Indonesian beauty brands.. Since I bought so many products, let's get started on my typical Indonesian beauty regime first!!!

STEP ONE:

1) LULUR, in English, lulur means "body spa". This product is very natural and basically contains little scrub granules and herbal turmeric water to soften skin :) It's like 2 in 1, body scrub & body mask, I use this to scrub my body and then wait for 10-15 minutes to let the turmeric water fully absorbed in my skin (you can also let it dry completely like face mask before rinsing off). Use it twice a week! :p

It smells great and my skin feels instant soft and more radiant after "lulur". This treatment started centuries ago by Javanese Princesses in Indonesia. Centuries ago, Indonesian Princesses used herbs & plants to maintain their beauty & passed down the beauty recipe from generation to generation. Moreover, Indonesia is also well known by its super rich herbs & plants, this is why Indonesian natural beauty products are available widely in the country & every lady loves to go natural there.. Natural Beauty Shines!!!



Made by curcuma heyneana extract, murrayae follium extract, tumeric, cananga odorata extract & pandan leaf extract (all natural plants & herbs, I'm not very familiar with the English terms)



Yes, it's yellow because turmeric is yellow and that's why curry (made by turmeric) is yellow too and Indians are swear by turmeric beauty to maintain fair beautiful skin :)


STEP TWO: Coffee Soap, yes.. it smells like coffee :) and coffee is good for skin :)



and here are the benefits ( in Indonesian & English).. English translation is below after Indonesian (see the picture below)



I feel so good bathing with coffee :) :)



STEP THREE: Carrot Shampoo :) To prevent dry hair and split ends


Orang Oring, in English means "eclipta leaf". To keep hair black richly glowing & shiny. I love beautiful shiny hair :)




STEP FOUR: Facial (Peeling and Masking)

This is my favourite step.. My face feels fresh, clean & soft :) just like having facial session at beauty salon :)

Oh, my mum loves these 2 products very much and swears by it!! She said her skin looks younger, fairer, tighter & more radiant after having her personal inexpensive facial :) She's 55 but looks like in her 40s, I hope I inherit her good skin when I'm at her age :)

Masker Bengkoang means "Bengkoang Mask" and Peeling Mundisari means "Mundisari (name) Peeling/or face scrub"

and I don't know what is Bengkoang in English, anyway bengkoang looks like this




Bengkoang Mask : Contains phospor and calsium which is extracted from Bengkoang. It has cooling effect and lightens skin color. It also diminishes black spots in face and neck area. Use it twice a week! :)

Mundisari Peeling: Made from natural plant's ingredients and original rice flour. Helps to exfoliate dead cells from skin surface and accelerates skin rejuvenation. Use twice a week & before masking! :)



Top: Bengkoang Mask (thick white color with pleasant smell)
Bottom: Mundisari Peeling (small beads scrub with not-so-pleasant herbal smell - but I don't mind)



and here I'm enjoying my masking session ^^


STEP FIVE: Natural Body Lotion

Left: Mustika Ratu Bengkoang Body Lotion
Right: Citra Japanese Rice & Camellia Flower Oil Body Lotion




Okay, no translation for this one, basically it says that Japanese Rice & Camellia Oil lighten skin color & reduce dark spots. Japanese rice is enriched with antioxidant to lighten skin color naturally and camellia oil softens skin. This is why Japanese women are very fair & soft skinned. Enriched with UVA & UVB to protect skin from sun exposure



For bengkoang lotion, since decades ago, Indonesian women are strong believers of bengkoang fruit as natural skin whitening product.. Eaten or applied, both will have the equal whitening effect naturally. Bengkoang as natural whitening has been passed down for generations and I had used it when I was 12 and considering to use it again for long term now :)



My fair skin is so smooth now... Step 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and now beautiful skin and it's worth it!!! :)




Zoom it, see my sensitive thin skin? pale color with lots of greenish & purplish spider veins :( How to get rid of my spider veins? I got this ALL from my mum, she has very pale skin color with endless spider veins too, Ha-Ha, that's the reason why I got it too!!


Protect your skin using natural remedies,

Stay Beautiful,

Loves,
Netty


2 comments:

  1. Hello, so great post but how you reduce the vein colors. Also, what alternative products to these in UK. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I will start doing some research on those products and see if it can help me out.

    ReplyDelete